As a data technology company, the data is the heart of everything we offer you. We know that if you are going to entrust us to help you grow your business strategy that our data must be accurate, compliant and updated. That’s why we work closely with our data providers to source, compile and verify industry leading US consumer and commercial databases.
We manage multiple US consumer databases and one US commercial database that power our tailored technology solutions powering tens of thousands of prospectors across the country. We currently manage over 300 million individual consumers.
Along with our data providers we update our file aggressively with the following standards:
- Deceased processing is done monthly.
- Our address accuracy is based on the USPS standard known as CASS where results show 99.7% accuracy, meaning virtually all our addresses are ready for the mail stream as is.
- NCOA and CASS processing are performed every 60 days thereby making us fully compliant with the USPS’ Move Update standards.
- Our provider performs a full file re-build quarterly whereby all the above compliances and quality processes are confirmed.
- Our provider provides us with a monthly install to insure that we are offering you the most up to date national consumer and business databases.
Q & A
FAQ Our Data
- Our provider only carries data on those 18 years old (some 17-year olds who turn 18 in 2017). We do not market to minors nor maintain any data on minors.
- We do not maintain any health data on individuals.
- We do not maintain Social Security numbers, Driver’s License numbers, Credit Card data or FICO scores on the file. This permits us to adhere to all FICRA regulations.
- Our auto data is not sourced via state MVA / DMV or from vehicle registration permitting Cole Information and its data provider to be fully compliant with the Shelby Act.
- Our provider stores data in a SAS 70 certified environment
- Premier data compilers including: Public and courthouse records, real property information, phone directories, consumer surveys, self-reported, and purchase transactions.
- Response source contributors such as niche segmentation schemes and premium datasets, publishers, catalogers, destination and online sites, plus proprietary interactive campaign results.
What types of books or magazines do your household members read?
Additionally, most firms use the CEX from the Bureau of Labor Statistics as a source for inferred data.Here is a copy of it, like most market research surveys it only goes to 100K- 250K respondents. Others who do similar work are Simmons, Scarborough, and MRI. http://www.bls.gov/cex/current/i_infobook.pdf Our providers consumer database is a multi-channel marketing file where data is collected both online and offline with approximately 30% being collected online and 70% offline. Sample source sites include:
- Currently, we update the email file monthly with additions, changes, deletions and Deceased Scrub. Other than email sources, all secondary suppliers update quarterly. The entire file goes through NCOA, CASS, DPV, Name and Address Standardization. Email goes through three levels of hygiene processing and screening to ensure email addresses known to be associated with SPAM traps, invalid emails and domains, role accounts, complainers and screamers, known hard-bounces, etc., are removed from the database.
- Summary of Email Data Sourcing
- Compiled third party opt-in data
- Source data is from ecommerce websites, consumer surveys, warranty cards, public records, and other response based sources
- Email Data is updated monthly with a quarterly file rebuild
- Email data includes time/date stamp and source URL
- Three levels of hygiene processing and screening to ensure email addresses known to be associated with SPAM traps, invalid emails and domains, role accounts, complainers and screamers, known hard-bounces, etc., are removed from the database.