3 Tips for Creating Strong Insurance Leads
By Sarah Elfering
As an insurance agent, generating strong insurance leads and keep your insurance agency competitive is vital. There’s nothing more frustrating than getting the same insurance leads as a competitive agency, right?
Here are three tips to help you start creating strong insurance leads.
Tip 1: Identify your prospective customer
Before you start connecting with prospective customers, it is time to evaluate your ideal prospect. So how do you do that? Analyze.
Look at your policyholders from the past year. Do you notice any trends?
Be on the lookout for:
– Demographics. Such as life events or age.
– Area. See if there is a pattern of where your policyholders live.
By identifying your place in the market, your reach will go much farther and you will be able to generate more meaningful insurance leads.
Tip 2: Think Hyperlocal
Once you’ve identified your ideal prospect, it’s time to start thinking hyperlocal.
Hyperlocal marketing is a strategy that focuses on a targeted audience within a local area, such as a neighborhood or zip code. So taking your ideal prospect and identifying where they live and common traits that make sense for your business plan can help you develop a hyperlocal marketing plan.
By marketing to a specific demographic or localized area based on trigger events such as expiring policies you can drive name recognition and let prospects know you are the go-to insurance agent in the neighborhood that can provide them with a competitive quote.
Here are three tips to help you develop a hyperlocal marketing plan:
- Mail: create a flyer that has content specific to the needs of the area you are targeting.
- Outbound calling: follow up the direct mail piece with a quick 10-minute phone call. During this call asking if you can provide a potential with a competitive quote.
- Email: drop an email asking if there are any additional questions you can answer and make the ask for an appointment.
- Social media ads: take the same list your calling and emailing and throw a customized Facebook ad in front of them.
Prospecting and lead generation can be a challenge even for the most experienced insurance agents, but by thinking hyperlocal you can focus on the leads you can reach and feel less overwhelmed.
Tip 3: Follow up with insurance leads
While it’s important to give a potential client time to think about the quote or switching policies, following up is something that can help a client know you’re serious about helping them.
Try creating a schedule that allows you to have dedicated time to following up with leads. Check out our guide on How to Schedule Your Day and Grow Your Prospects.
You can get started by:
- Setting aside one to two hours a week in your schedule that is dedicated specifically to following up on leads.
- Take effective notes so when you follow up, you can remember the conversation and any key points.
- Ask questions. Once you are able to establish a meeting or create a quote ask questions so you can get to know the needs of potential clients.
What is Cole X-Dates?
At Cole, we understand that it can be difficult to reach new customers at the right time. Cole X-Dates is a proven prospecting platform that helps insurance agents increase their contact rates and create meaningful insurance leads with more than 250 data points.
For over 70 years, Cole Information has been helping insurance agents connect with prospects. Start creating more quoting opportunities today with Cole X-Dates.
3 Tips for Creating Strong Insurance Leads
As an insurance agent, generating strong insurance leads and keep your insurance agency competitive is vital. There’s nothing more frustrating than getting the same insurance leads as a competitive agency, […]
Real Estate Agent’s Guide: Hyperlocal Strategy
When it comes to prospecting for new clients, do you find yourself looking at your calendar and finding other things to focus your time on? Prospecting and lead generation can […]
Keys to Prospecting Success in Real Estate For Agents
As a real estate agent, generating leads and staying top-of-mind is vital to your prosperity. Whether you are a real estate agent with years of experience or a new agent […]
The Personal Marketing Company
Helping Real Estate Agents generate leads and stay top-of-mind. The real estate landscape has gone through some drastic changes with COVID-19. Creating a marketing plan that works can be stressful […]
What’s Your Selling Style?
Have you ever thought about your selling style? How do you find sellers? Most agents may never stop to think about their selling style, but it could be the key […]