Have you ever thought about how you find clients? This is something that can easily get overlooked but is very important in the selling process. What is your selling style? Take our quiz and find out! At Cole Information we have talked to real estate agents, insurance agents and home service professionals and found there are two main selling styles: consultative and aggressive. So how do you know which one you are? Let’s start with the consultative seller. These sellers like to take their clients on a journey. It may take a client weeks, months, or years to buy and return to you when they are ready to buy or sell again. Tips for consultative sellers:
- Get on the client’s radar, whether it’s by sending out mailers, emails or social media targeting.
- It’s important to strengthen your reputation as helpful, fun and friendly. Do this by sending pies during the holidays or tailgating during a big game.
- Do’t forget to make the ask. This can often get overlooked, but there is a time to build the relationship and get down to business.
- Try targeting neighborhoods where you want to do business or reach new clients.
- Make phone calls everyday, schedule a specific time each day that is specifically for prospecting.
- Don’t brush a client off to quickly if they seem hesitant. You never know when you are going to miss out on a sale.